Confinement has tested the resilience, perseverance, and creativity of many athletes. Running down a long promenade is not the same as running down the hallway in your house. Lifting weights in the gym is not the same as lifting 2 large bottles of water at home. However, if sport forms a part of your DNA, we’re sure you will have found a way to continue training.
Recharge your batteries and treat yourself with these two healthy and sweet recipes with oatmeal and bananas.
Banana Oat Pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 80 gr ground oats
- 2 tsp honey (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Butter or olive oil
1. Impossible to be any easier! Pour the ground oats, two bananas, and two eggs into a food mixer. Mix well for a few seconds. Then, add the two tablespoons of honey and cinnamon. Mix it again and…. voilà! You now have the pancake mixture.
2. Take a nonstick frying pan (the smaller the better). Grease it lightly with a few drops of olive oil or butter, and heat it up. When it’s ready, add a generous portion of the pancake mixture to the pan and spread it out with a spoon using a circular motion to form the pancake. Cook it on both sides and flip it on to the plate!
3. Repeat the same process until the pancake mixture is finished.
Toppings to enjoy them even more:
You can eat the oatmeal pancakes without a topping because they are delicious, but with these toppings you can make them even more irresistible:
- Honey with walnuts
- Strawberries with light cream cheese
- Honey with a sprinkling of pure cocoa powder
- Blueberries with a little honey and cinnamon
- Papaya cut into small cubes with honey and cinnamon
Banana Oat Cookies
Recipe recommended by NutrifitCambrils
- 2 ripe bananas
- 75gr whole-grain oats
- 30 gr ground almonds
- 20-30 gr Sugar-free dark chocolate
- A pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, using top and bottom heat.
2. Peel the bananas, chop them and put them in a bowl. Squash them with a fork so that they remain slightly lumpy.
3. Add the oats, the ground almonds and salt, then mix it well together.
4. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and add it to the mixture.
5. Form round ball shape portions with the mixture (into portions of about 25 grams)
6. Place the portions on a baking sheet/tray and lightly flatten them out.
7. Bake them for approximately 20 minutes.
8. Take them out and let them cool down before eating them.
Bon appetit and remember; Keep training at home! We will be waiting for your return to the Cambrils Park Sport Village facilities.